Saturday, June 18, 2005

Adventures in the kitchen

I got a bit ambitous (and not to mention hungry) today and decided to do a three course meal for dinner. So looking at my bookshelf of celebrity cookbooks, I picked out:

  • From bills food, the main is parmesan-crusted blue-eye and braised potatoes with peas.
  • And from Donna Hay's Modern Classic, this great recipe for caesar salad dressing.
Did I mention I finally got a new toy? It's this hand blender...yes I dream at night about the pureed soups I can make out of this...


Braun Multiquick Posted by Hello

Here's the end result (tada!). Had to pop the fish into microwave for a bit to finish it off (inside still sashimi :P)


Fish with Parmesan crust and caesar salad with homemade dressing Posted by Hello

Oh and this is the mess I made (making the crust stick to the fish is harder then you'd think)...


Aftermath I Posted by Hello


Aftermath II Posted by Hello

Tomorrow will test drive Neil Perry's The Food I Love and try to re-create Greyhound Cafe's bacon fried rice.

1 comment:

Alex_AWS said...

Can't wait to see how your fried rice will come out like. Wish I could help. So much fun with you in the kitchen last time. Love ya.